Science is something that actually explains almost everything about our known universe. There are some facts about signs that will actually blow your mind. I will be discussing some of these facts, in this article.
Science is something that not a lot of people understand, but the majority of people actually try to comprehend. Some of the most famous scientist in life actually gave us the solutions to some of the most famous unanswered questions in the entire world. Because of them, we actually have answers to so many things that we were clueless about.
- The Eiffel tower can actually grow 15 cm taller during the summer because it is made of metal. When a substance is heated up, the particles actually move, and it takes up a larger volume. This is known as thermal expansion. That is why the size of the Eiffel tower actually changes during the summer. The same thing happens to the Statue of Liberty as well.
- Almost 20% of the earth’s oxygen is produced by the wonderful Amazonian rainforests. Our atmosphere is roughly made up of 78% of nitrogen and 21% of oxygen. More than 99% of it comes from the Amazonian rainforests. The vast majority of all kinds of living organisms on earth need oxygen to survive, and converting it into carbon dioxide is what they do every single second. Plants continuously replenish our oxygen levels with the help of photosynthesis. During this process, carbon dioxide and water are converted into energy, also releasing oxygen as a byproduct. Covering more than 5,500,000 km², the Amazonian rainforest contributes a significant portion of the earth’s oxygen by absorbing large quantities of carbon dioxide at the same time. That is why, we should strive to preserve forests and trees, because they literally give us what we need to survive.
- There are some metals that are so reactive that they explode in contact with water. Certain metals like potassium, lithium, sodium, are really reactive that they oxidise instantly when they are exposed to air. They can even produce explosions when they are dropped in water.
- Even a teaspoonful of a neutron star would be weighing more than 6000,000,000 tons. A neutron star is actually the remnants of a massive star that has actually run out of fuel and is no longer putting out energy. This dying star explodes into a supernova while the car actually collapses in on itself because of gravity. This forms a super-dense neutron star.
- Every year, Hawaii moved 7.5 cm closer to Alaska. The earth’s crust always keeps moving and is in constant motion. This is how you explain the breaking up of Pangaea.
- In approximately 2.3 billion years, it will actually be too hot for life to exist on the earth, because the sun will continue to get aggressively hotter and brighter as well.
- It takes around eight minutes and 20 seconds for light to reach the earth from the sun.