Please read this page carefully before beginning the online application.
Sign up to be a student volunteer and help us make WBC 2016 a unique experience for all attendees!
WBC organizers are pleased to offer the opportunity to university students from around the world to contribute to the largest biomaterials gathering ever. As part-time student volunteers, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient operation and success of WBC 2016.
In order to be considered for a volunteer assignment at WBC 2016, applicants must:
- Be an undergraduate, Master’s or PhD student with an accepted presentation (poster or oral)
- Have completed and paid your registration at the conference.
- Devote a minimum of 15 hours of work during the conference (May 17-22). Naturally, conference events for which you are registered (oral/poster presentations, workshops, technical sessions, lunch&learns, etc.) will be taken into consideration when planning volunteer schedules.
- Attend (no exception) the volunteer general meeting (May 16 at 15:00 at the Montreal Convention Center).
- Be highly motivated, professional, committed, reliable and punctual. Your interpersonal skills will be highly valued.
- Have a high proficiency in English (i.e. be able to communicate easily). Knowledge of another language is an asset.
The skills and dedication of part-time student volunteers will greatly contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The student volunteers’ roles involve a range of duties, including:
- Audio-visual and technical assistance;
- Registration and secretariat support;
- Direction and information;
- Badges verification;
- Social media content and photography;
- Meet, interact and network with a multicultural team of students from all over the world that share a common interest in biomaterials.
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at a conference with more than 4,000 participants.
- Receive a financial compensation, in the form of a 10 CAD$ per hour worked. The amount will be paid on the last day you work and will be provided in cash.
To apply for a student volunteer position, you must fill in the student volunteer application form by March 13. You will be asked to:
- Briefly describe your motivation to become a student volunteer at WBC 2016. (150 words)
- Provide a short description of your skill set for volunteering. Do you have a specific ability or previous experience that could make the conference even more successful? (150 words)
Application deadline: March 13, 2016
Initial acceptance and waiting list announcement: March 30, 2016
General volunteer meeting: May 16, 2016 at 15:00
Please note that WBC 2016 student volunteers are responsible for their own accommodation and travel arrangements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteers Committee. We are looking forward to receiving your application and seeing you at WBC 2016!