WBC 2016 will offer an extensive “Travel Scholarship Program” for delegates from developing countries. In order to qualify, the applicants must have successfully submitted an abstract to the Congress. A selection committee has been established among the International Scientific Committee, who will evaluate the submitted abstracts and score for merit.
The Congress, through Travel scholarship sponsors, will sponsor a minimum of 25 delegates from developing countries!
Benefits of Travel Scholarship Recipients
Each travel scholarship is valued at $1,500 CDN and will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Complimentary Congress registration pass
- Cash stipend between $500-1,000 CDN depending on country / city of origin
- Access to affordable housing at university residences
Benefits of Travel Scholarship Sponsors
- sponsorship cost: $1,500 CDn per scholar
- Each sponsor will be assigned to Scholar/s.
- Sponsor logo will be printed on the Scholar/s award certificate/s in order for the Scholar to know which company provided the support.
- Company sponsorship will be announced on Congress website, in the digital Final Program which will be available via a mobile app.
- All Travel Scholarship sponsor logos will be displayed during the award ceremonies.