WBC 2016 DEVELOPING COUNTRY SPONSORSHIP (DCS) GUIDELINES
(post-doctoral fellows and scientists only)
Application Deadline: September 15, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: December 5, 2015
Postdoctoral fellows and other scientists can apply for a Developing Country Sponsorship award.
The final award details will be announced with the notification letter. At minimum, a free registration can be expected.
The selected individuals will be responsible for their travel, ground transportation (taxis), accommodations, meals, cost for visa application and other incidentals. It is highly recommended that the selected individuals carry travel insurance. Neither WBC, WBC 2016 Montreal Inc. nor its PCO will be responsible or liable for any medical expenses, lost luggage or any other expenses.
- WBC 2016 developing country sponsorship awards are for postdoctoral fellows and scientists, traveling to the Congress from low income and lower-middle income countries (as specified by the World Bank).
- The recipient of a fellowship grant will be restricted to the presenter of an abstract.
- The selection of recipients of all awards will be made by the scientific committee, based on the scientific merit of the abstract submitted for presentation and the described need as expressed in the cover letter.
- Award recipients will be notified by e-mail shortly after the selection of oral and poster presentations is completed by the scientific committee.
- Award winners will be honoured during the Opening Ceremonies or during a Plenary session with a special announcement.
How to apply:
Create an account on our management website (cm.wbc2016.org) and submit an abstract. Once submitted click on the Developing Country Sponsorship Award link in the main dashboard. Once there, you must upload the following materials:
- copy of your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- cover letter of approx. 100 words outlining the reasons why you require sponsorship to attend the WBC 2016 Congress
Only complete applications (abstract, CV and statement) will be reviewed.
Award winners will be notified tentatively on December 5, 2015. Winners will be expected to apply promptly for their visa.
Winners must confirm their approved visa with proof by April 1, 2016. In the event that a visa has been denied, the winner will forfeit his award and WBC 2016 will be able to offer this award to another candidate.